Authored by the same stellar editors and contributors responsible for Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia, this title presents today’s most essential clinical knowledge in cardiac anesthesia in a practical, user-friendly format. A manageable size and affordable price makes this an ideal purchase for every clinician who would like an economical yet dependable resource in cardiac anesthesia.
- Trusted authorities deliver the key cardiac anesthesia knowledge you need to know.
- A concise, user-friendly format and key points boxes in each chapter help you quickly locate crucial information.
- Annotated references guide you to the most practical additional resources.
A portable size and clinical emphasis facilitates and enhances bedside patient care.
- Designed as a companion to Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia.
- Includes new topics vital to the current practice of cardiac anesthesiologists, such as transesophageal echocardiography; percutaneous valve procedures; new pacemakers and automatic internal defibrillators used for cardiac resynchronization therapy; left ventricular assist devices and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation therapy of heart failure; and patient safety issues.
- Focuses on today’s most current and relevant therapies, including New Cardiac Drugs, and Heart Mate, Heart Ware, and Impella LVADs.
- Describes care of the cardiac patient in Hybrid Operating Rooms, Catheterization Laboratories, and Electrophysiology Laboratories, as well as the Cardiac Operating Rooms.
- Perfectly suited for residents, fellows, nurse anesthetists and anesthesiologists in practice.