Written by experienced clinicians for practicing physicians and other health care providers, this timely handbook presents today’s available information on cannabis and its uses in all areas of patient care. Medical Marijuana: A Clinical Handbook summarizes what is currently known about the positive and negative health impacts of cannabis, detailed pharmacological profiles of both THC and CBD, considerations for each medical specialty, treatment approaches used by practicing clinicians, and insights into the history of cannabis and the current regulatory environment in the United States. This concise, easy-to-navigate guide is an invaluable resource for physicians and residents, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and other clinicians who seek reliable clinical guidelines in this growing area of health care.
- Organizes content by subspecialty, with chapters covering approved uses, side effects, interactions, potential benefits, and more.
- Includes information on historical and cultural perspectives, current state of legalization in the U.S., cannabis chemical constituents, best practices for clinical use, and products currently available in legal cannabis dispensaries.
- Provides current available evidence in addition to anecdotal findings of experienced prescribers.
- Offers authoritative coverage from well-respected and trustworthy sources, providing an invaluable guide for expert recommendations and informed patient care.
A companion website will offer clinicians additional and up-to-date information about cannabis. This will include new insights gleaned from studies published since the completion of the book, as well as updated information concerning state and federal regulations that affect cannabis. The website will be an invaluable resource for clinicians who want to stay abreast of the rapidly evolving regulatory environment surrounding cannabis and remain informed about the latest findings in the field of cannabinoid research.
Enrich Your Ebook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.