Gazing at each other across the Danube, Buda and Pest, the city’s two halves, have their own distinct characters. While Buda is famous for its incredible medieval architecture, Pest is bursting at the seams with historic cafés and vibrant neighborhoods.
Whether you want to take a dip in mineral-rich thermal baths, step back in time on the cobbled streets of Castle Hill or enjoy ca drink in the city’s ruin pubs, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Budapest has to offer. Our updated guide brings Budapest to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawnillustrations which place you inside the city’s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Budapest is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Budapest you will find:
– A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick Budapest’s must-sees and hidden gems
– Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
– Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
– Color-coded chapters to every part of Budapest, from Castle Hill to Gellért Hill and Tabán, Belváros to Southern Pest
– Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
– Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the city easily and confidently
– Covers: Castle District, Gellért Hill and Tabán, North of the Castle District, Around Parliament, Central Pest, Around City Park, Beyond the Centre
Want the best of Budapest in your pocket? Don’t forget to try DK Eyewitness Top 10 Budapest.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.