- Pride — use social proof to position your product in line with your visitors’ values
- Sloth — build a path of least resistance that leads users where you want them to go
- Gluttony — escalate customers’ commitment and use loss aversion to keep them there
- Anger — understand the power of metaphysical arguments and anonymity
- Envy — create a culture of status around your product and feed aspirational desires
- Lust — turn desire into commitment by using emotion to defeat rational behavior
- Greed — keep customers engaged by reinforcing the behaviors you desire
Now you too can leverage human fallibility to create powerful persuasive interfaces that people will love to use — but will you use your new knowledge for good or evil? Learn more on the companion website, evilbydesign.info.