The definitive full-color illustrated guide to abdominal operations for general, colorectal, and gastrointestinal surgeons
With each edition, Maingot’s Abdominal Operations has built a legacy of expertise, currency, and clinical rigor acclaimed by surgical trainees and practicing surgeons. Presented in full-color, the Thirteenth Edition offers a concise, yet complete, survey of the diagnosis and management of benign and malignant digestive diseases. This authoritative resource has everything clinicians need to understand congenital, acquired, and neoplastic disorders–and optimize surgical outcomes for any type of abdominal procedure.
• Increased number of algorithms to assist surgical decision making
• Contemporary focus on operative procedures, and new concepts in the diagnosis and management of abdominal disease
• Convenient organ/procedure presentation provides a seamless review of surgical protocols, as well as pre- and postoperative strategies and techniques
• “Perspective Chapters” provide insight from thought leaders on the latest developments in abdominal surgery
• Chapters on gastrointestinal bleeding, abdominal trauma, and abdominal vascular emergencies–along with minimally invasive surgery chapters woven throughout the text–present current, ready-to-use insights designed to enhance surgical care and recovery
• More than 1,250 illustrations (most in full color)